Mark Perret from HP about Social Strategy.
Social Strategy – HP’s Point of View
Endeca eBusiness Forum 2011, London
Humans are ‹lazy›, hence our tendency to categorize and simplify.
Today influencers have much more clout via online social media.
‹Bad profits›: It’s better to be frank with customers and tell them about the business strategy.
Social Intelligence Evolution
CHALLENGES in Social Media
- At what point can a business influence a consumer beyond their network?
- How will value be measured in the future and how is that different to today?
- Who will be measuring value?
- How will you define a ‹relationship› in a social media world?
- Will you be able to tell the difference between the many personas a customer will have?
- What is a customer?
Social Intelligence Framework
You have to make sure commenters are actually representative of the customer base.